Friday, September 26, 2008

MTC Day

On September 3, 2008 my mom, my sister Kelly, her husband Jason, Rob, Amelia and I took Kyle out to lunch at Tucano's in Provo and then took him to the MTC. It was a sad but great day! Kyle will be gone for 2 years as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Hawaii. He received his mission call the day of his high school graduation and we were all there that day too! It has been a joy seeing Kyle grow up and now going on a mission. He is a great kid and will do great things for the people of Hawaii! I love you Kyle and am proud of you!! Here are some photos of the day!
Here we are at Tucano's waiting for the food to come!

Here is Kyle taking his luggage to the MTC...what's with the white sunnies?
Kyle and Kelly getting ready to cross the street from the parking lot to the MTC.
A quick family shot before going inside, including from L-R Me, Amelia, Rob, Jason, Kelly, Kyle and my mom!
Because Kyle had a brand new suit on, he hadn't used his pocket, so Kelly was very helpful and helped unstitch the thread in his pocket!
Although Kyle was set apart as a missionary for over a week at this point, but going into the MTC he received his name tag with the famous "Dork Dot". For those of you who have served a mission and gone to the MTC you know exactly what I am talking about...for those of you who don't know what it is, let me tell you! When a missionary goes into the MTC they receive their name tag. On their first name tag is a bright orange dot that shows that it is the missionaries first day at the MTC. Basically those that have been at the MTC for a week or so give them a bit of a hard time (thinking they are cool because they have been at the MTC for a week). It is pretty funny! Anyway, the mom is the one that gets to put the missionary's first name tag on. So that was cool for my mom!
Here is my mom with our Elder LaBarre!

Here is Kelly & Jason with Elder LaBarre

Rob, Amelia & I with Elder LaBarre
Kelly, mom, and I with Elder LaBarre
Elder LaBarre and I right before going into the meeting room...where we will say our goodbyes.
Amelia with her uncle Elder LaBarre. When he comes home Amelia will be 3 and walking and talking! I can't even imagine!!


After all these photos were taken we went into a meeting room where the missionaries are welcomed by the MTC president and given a bit of instruction on what will happen in the MTC. It is a pretty hectic schedule but the most spiritual and uplifting time a person can ever have. I'm excited to hear from my brother! I will try to keep people updated on his mission! Love you Kyle!!!

1 comment:

Jason Kelly and Graycen Lee said...

where is the picture of us with kyle?